Search The Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2014

How to crossbreeding Tibee Shrimp

A lot of people ask me how to crossbreeding to get Tibee Shrimps.

That's great that people have different ideas and thoughts. Here is my personal experience.

Reasons I chose to go with Orange Eye Blue Tiger and Taiwan Bee Mischillings:

Top 1: Pinto Shrimps are my top goal in crossbreeding tibee shrimp.

You need to have mischillings or Taiwan bee shrimps in crossbreeding to have pintos from offsprings. If without Taiwan bee shrimps gene, you would never get pinto shrimps from offsprings. To be clear, Taiwan Bee Shrimps refers to Black King Kong Shrimp, Panda Shrimps, Shallow Panda, Wine Red, and Red King Kong Shrimps.
 
If you want to get pintos faster:
OEBT x Wine Red, you get red pinto from F2 or later generation
OEBT x Black King Kong, you get blue or other dark color pintos from F2 or later generation
 
When you choose Taiwan Bee Shrimps, you want to choose the most healthy and with strong breeding capacity Taiwan Bee Shrimps.
 
2: Orange Eye and Unique Blue Color From OEBT
 
OEBT has been popular for long for it's unique blue color and orange eye. I want to keep those gene to my tibee shrimps, and my pintos.
 
When you choose a tiger shrimp and a kind of bee shrimps, yes the hybrid offsprings are called tibee shrimps. You want to set a goal what kind of tibee shrimps you want.
 
The recessive gene in my choices are:
White Color
Red Color
Orange Eye
Taiwan Bee Shrimp Gene
 
You won't get those from F1, these character will show on F2 or later generation.
And there are too many pattern and coloration from my F1s. I did selective breedings, and you can see my black tibees (F2/F3) show nice pattern and coloration. Offsprings from those black tibees could be black tibee, red tibee, and possible pintos. I have a few red pintos from my F2 black tibees.
 
Here are new picture of my red pinto, it's growing big now :)
 
 
 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What exactly makes a shrimp pinto? And do you need a taiwan bee to make a tibee? Why not just cross OEBT with CRB/CRS to make a tibee?
Still new at this and want to learn as much as i can about making tibees :)

Unknown said...

If you cross OEBT and Crs/Cbs, the offsprings are tibee shrimps. You don't get pinto shrimps from their offsprings. To make it a pinto shrimps, it would have Taiwan bee shrimps solid bright coloration, like king kong shrimps, wine red shrimps. And body pattern, head pattern, leg color would have many possibility. There are already a lot of pinto shrimps pictures available online.

deaddreamnation said...

Hey yoyo!

So once you get the F1s how do you know which ones will breed out any traits to your liking? do you breed an F1 female with a male tb mischling or vice versa? are all of the F1s blonde? I am going to start a new tank soon and head in the tibee direction, but the F1s not showing traits is confusing me. thanks!

Unknown said...

I'm new to pinto. in this picture, it looks like red king kong to me... how can u tell the different? thanks.

Pierwek said...

It looks exacly like my SCR Super Crystal Red shrimps