Search The Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Import Afterword

I arranged an group import during Mid-March. Most people thought that whole sale price was a great deal, and would like to place a second order from me. I adjusted all prices after import's done. People may feel confused why there's difference between prices. Here, I would like to make things clarify.

Shrimps I imported abroad came from two different places: farm raised, and tank raised.

In Taiwan, most low unit price shrimps, such as Fire Red Shrimp, are farm raised. Even it is low unit price, they wouldn't give you whole sale price unless you have order over 3000 pieces. So the total order cost is still relatively high. And this kind of farm raised shrimps need longer time to get used to tank environment. Relatively, death rate is higher comparing to tank raised shrimps. I have kept those shrimps for a while. And they are in much more stable condition, and have get used to tank environment. So, the price of those shrimps now are higher, because of less death risk.

Crystal red shrimps, can't be farm raised. Tank raising cost are high, thus the price of such kind of shrimps are high. In order to attract people to joint this group import, I have smaller profit margin of such kind of shrimp.

People may thought that the new prices on auction site is much higher than previous whole sale prices.

One big reason is that they have been here for a while, and get used to the tank environment here, and less death rate.

This group import, I treat it as a little "payback" to shrimp lovers. Well,,, instead of making money, I have lost. I have more expenditure than I predicted.

I had a lot of death, on the way from Taiwan to my hand, and my hand to those buyers. But, Taiwan exporter is not responsible for anything happen after order shipped out. But I have live arrival guarantee to buyers. I understand, how you would feel if you expect shrimps arrival, but there's DOA. So I'd rather bear all risks. During the import period, there's great pressure, actually. It does not include lots things and documents done, complex custom clearance, times and efforts I spend ...

One great thing about that import is Black King Kong, Panda, and Red Wine shrimp. Many people could not get BKK/RW last time expect me to import again. So I have a second import now. And I really appreciate that you could understand the price change. After this import, I don't think there will be another one shortly. For people who are short of fund, or still need more time,, don't worry about that,, follow my blog, and keep my email in mind. Contact me in the future when you are ready.

Finally, I hope everyone could keep the passion for crystal red shrimps, and all other different kind of fresh water shrimps. And more and more people could join the shrimp trend here in United State.

Yoyo

No comments: